About Vocab Master s Challenge
This competition is held annually to check the understanding of vocabulary. This competition consists of two rounds, Level-1 and Level-2. Through this competition our motive is to create awareness among the children to understand the meaning and use vocabulary as per the context of the statement.
There has been a big push in the last 10-15 years to improve the students vocabulary skills, but do you know why? Here are the top 5 reasons why vocabulary is so important:
1. It Improves Reading Comprehension. Research has shown that kids need to understand 98% of the words they read to understand what they are reading. Improving vocabulary skills will improve their understanding of novels and textbooks.
2. It’s Important to Language Development. Children who develop a rich vocabulary tend to thin deep, express themselves better and is motivated to read more. Improving language and literacy skills early in life will help them be more successful academically and in communicating with the world.
3. Communicating Ideas. Successful communication or “saying what you mean” is dependent upon a good vocabulary. Using the right words when talking, makes you a more effective communicator.
4. Expressing Yourself in Writing. Having a good vocabulary to draw from can help you write more effectively. Students need to use a more formal tone when writing – not conversational language – and to do that, they need a richer vocabulary to tap into those words we don’t use when we speak.
5. Occupational Success. Researcher Johnson O’Connor found that “a person’s vocabulary level is the best single predictor of occupational success.”* Success in the business place depends on your communication skills.
Test Paper description
Level - 1 : This round will be of 30 marks and of 1 hour duration, in which different types of vocabulary based MCQ's, fill in the blanks etc. will be given.
Level - 2 : This round will be of 50 marks and of 1 and half hour duration, in which different type of vocabulary based MCQ's, Fill in the blanks etc. will be given.
Note:- Question papers for both the rounds, would be provided group wise as mentioned below.
To facilitate the students we combine the following standards each to form four groups which will be as follows:-
|II||III, IV, V|
|III||VI, VII, VIII|
Syllabus & Qualifying Criteria:
The word bank will be based on the books prescribed by CBSE/ICSE/IB and state boards. Reading good books will always enhance the vocabulary which will help a lot in round-1 and round-2.
From Level-1 to Level-2:- All those who obtain 50% of the total marks i.e. 15 marks in level-1 will qualify for level-2.Sample & Previous year papers
A Glance at Prizes:
|Fully sponsored educational trip in India to all the top three winners for each group.|
|FINAL ROUND (ROUND-2)||ALL INDIA RANK-1||INR 60000, MEDAL, MERIT CERTIFICATE, EDUCATIONAL TOUR|
|ALL INDIA RANK-2||INR 35000, MEDAL, MERIT CERTIFICATE, EDUCATIONAL TOUR|
|ALL INDIA RANK-3||INR 21000, MEDAL, MERIT CERTIFICATE, EDUCATIONAL TOUR|
|FROM AIR-4 TO AIR-20||CONSOLATION PRIZE WORTH INR 1500, MERIT CERTIFICATE|
|FROM AIR-21 TO 50||GIFT HAMPER AS MOTIVATIONAL PRIZE , MERIT CERTIFICATE|
|AIR-1 TO AIR 100||MERIT CERTIFICATE|
|ROUND-1||ALL THE STUDENTS PARTICIPATING WILL GET CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION ALONG WITH MERIT CERTIFICATE FOR THE TOP THREE SCORERS OF EACH GROUP.|
Dates & Venue:
Registration Period: - On or before 28th July 2020.
1st Round: Decide any date in the 4th week of September, 2020 to organize the competition in the respective participating schools.
2nd Round: To be conducted zone wise by 4th week of November, 2020. (Exact date & schedule will be communicated later, after declaration of result.)
Venue for level-1 & level-2 will be respective participating school premises.
(Note: - All the winter bound Schools are requested to choose dates to conduct various levels of examination & inform about the schedule to the management of the foundation).
HOW TO REGISTER:
Due to the inconvenience caused by the postal and couriers formalities, we strongly recommend you to send us all the relevant details of the students and the school via E- mail only or directly upload to the link given in our website. For the same, we are suggesting you to follow the simple steps to register your students.
|INDIAN SCHOOL||FOREIGN SCHOOL|
|Round-1:-||INR 150||INR 550|
|Round-2:-||INR 250||INR 850|
In each round, INR 20 ( 50 in case of foreign schools) can be retained to meet the miscellaneous expenditure.
STEP-1 Download participation form from the attachments sent with the notification or download from the website www.hopefoundationedu.com.
STEP-2 Take the nominations from the students and fill the relevant entries into the downloaded registration form.
(Handwritten and scanned copies of the student’s registrations form will not be accepted)
STEP-3 Deposit the collected amount in the bank's account whose details are mentioned below.
STEP-4 Fill up all the details in the registration form, get it attested by the Principal and send us the scanned copy of the same as attachments via mail at:-
email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Remittance of registration fees:
- The required fee per student is to be collected by the school from each participant and school shall retain INR 20 (INR 50, In case of foreign schools) per student of amount collected towards miscellaneous & administrative expenses.
- Registration fee can be deposited/ transferred by cash/Cheque/Demand Draft/ RTGS/NEFT in the following account numbers.
1. Account no. 226102000000259, Name, Hope Foundation, Indian Overseas Bank, IFSC Code-IOBA0002261, SWIFT CODE-IOBANINBB997, Najafgarh, Delhi.
1. Account no. 90441010022108, Name: SPELL EDUWIS PRIVATE LIMITED, Syndicate Bank, IFSC Code-SYNB0009044, Nehru place, New Delhi.
In case of cheque or demand draft it will be,
In favor of HOPE FOUNDATION, payable at New Delhi.
In favor of SPELL EDUWIS PRIVATE LIMITED, payable at New Delhi.
- No cash payments are accepted.
NOTE: Kindly download the poster of the competition from the attachments to be put on the notice boards.