The Principal/Head of Institutions/Academic in charges
Subject – Announcement of Spelling bee – 2017 organized and sponsored by Olympiad Forum of HOPE FOUNDATION.
With the commencement of the new session along with the hope of giving more happiness and joy to our learners and loads of congratulations to the winners of Spelling bee 2016.
|Master Sudhanshu trivedi|
|Sunrise International public school||I POSITION|
|Miss Tanishka Bose||Rahul public school (West Bengal)||I POSITION|
|Master H.R. subramanium|
|Castor International school (Tamilnadu)||II POSITION|
(For complete details, please log into our website.)
we are feeling extremely delighted to announce and would like to invite your esteemed school to participate in one of our prestigious “The Spelling bee-2017” organized and sponsored by the Olympiad Forum of HOPE FOUNDATION exclusively for the students of class I to X at international level.
The contest aims to promote the use of various popular languages and to enhance the orthographic abilities of the students, it includes four main subjects as Sanskrit, Hindi, English & French. It provides a comprehensive and complete evaluation which is based on different aspects of language like vocabulary, phonetics, Dictation, Grammatical skills, analytical points and understanding of given context. The Competition is particularly framed to polish and improve the language capabilities of learners of various levels.
English– is a global communication tool worldwide, a good and an in depth knowledge of this language gives one the necessary confidence and exposure to move successfully ahead in life so keeping all this together, we come up with this contest to nurture our young minds. As the language should be studied thoroughly and with all the basic concepts keeping in mind, this competition will exclusively meet all the important aspects of language woven together.
French– is considered as the second most spoken language worldwide after English and it is not only one of the top most preferred choices academically but professionally too. So, we decided to present this contest for the most demanded and studied Foreign Language by the Indian students. Apart from anything, the language helps only when it is correctly used and conveyed so this competition will provide the basic platform of the language ‘French’ to the students to increase and enhance their language’s usage and further to come up with the wholesome perfect grip over the language.
Sanskrit – According to our Hindu Vedas and Purans is the mother of all languages, stands at a very critical stage in today’s modern world , saying it as no longer in use but this is a absolutely a Myth. To prove the same, we try to serve the same charm and warmness of this language to our young talented learners. From the very basic level , we are offering this contest to revive and revise the skills of one of our ancient language which will not only evoke the one’s interest for language but will also once again feel the beauty of the language.
Hindi– It is regarded as our national and mother tongue but so far no concept has made to highlight and emphasize on the importance of learning and more importantly understanding it properly. As a result, we innovate the idea of creating an environment where all Indian students should learn and enjoy the language as equal as other global languages. The students often do not learn Hindi language in a proper manner due to the ignorant attitude around them so this contest because of its easy approach and style will be of great help to learn and use the Hindi language from the very basic aspects.
We categorize all the above mentioned classes intended to participate in the following four subjects which includes:
For the facilitation of the students we combine the following standards each to form four groups which will be as follows:-
|III||V, VI, VII|
|IV||VIII, IX, X|
NOTE: The question papers will be provided group wise as mentioned above to test and evaluate the knowledge of the prescribed subjects.
ZONES:–For this purpose we have divided all Indian states in four zones whose details are as
- NORTH ZONE:- Delhi , Himachal , Uttarakhand , Uttar Pradesh , Haryana , Punjab , Jammu And Kashmir .
- SOUTH ZONE:-Kerala, Tamilnadu , Puducherry , Karnatka , Andhra Pradesh , Telangana , Chhattisgarh & Maharashtra.
- EAST ZONE:- Bihar , Jharkhand , Odisha, West Bengal , Sikkim , Assam , Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya , Tripura , Manipur , Nagaland , Mizoram.
- WEST ZONE:- Gujarat, Rajasthan , Madhya Pradesh
- Foreign Schools: – Schools situated outside of India affiliated to CBSE/ICSE/IB Boards.
GUIDELINES OF THE COMPETITION:
- ROUND 1: The 1st round will be organized in the respective schools itself. The 1st round will be of 30 marks and the qualifying marks are 15 i.e. one must score 15 and above to qualify & take part in the second round.
- ROUND 2: The 2nd round will be held for all the students, those will qualify the round-1 only.
- ROUND 3: The 3rd round will be arranged in an independent venue (to be decided later) in front of the panel of judges for the respective subjects.
AVAILABILITY OF STUDY MATERIAL (ENGLISH & HINDI)
- Continuing with the following academic year, the foundation is offering complete solution to prepare for the competition in the form of a comprehensive booklet, specially formulated and designed according to the needs of the students for the languages English & Hindi. The booklet not only will prove an exhaustive source to begin with the preparation but also intends to provide a thorough information about the contest.
- The booklets encloses the preparatory study papers of Round 1, 2 for the subjects English & Hindi and all relevant & necessary information to get acknowledged with the guidelines to be a part of final round (Round 3).
- The offered booklets are available for English & Hindi ONLY.
- The cost of each booklet (English & Hindi Separately) is INR 50 (Fifty rupees only) for Indian students and INR 125 (One hundred twenty five only) for foreign schools.
- The study materials (sample papers ) of French & Sanskrit are available on our website hopefoundationedu.com
PRIZES (Worth INR 12500000) AND CERTIFICATES & MEDALS FOR THE STUDENTS: The salient features of our awards are as under:
- 3rd Round prizes:-
15 INR 75,000 (From each group and each subject):- Winner
15 INR 51,000 (From each group and each subject):- Runner Up
125 INR 1500 (From Rank 3-7) as consolation prizes.
All other finalists will get the exciting gift hampers from HOPE FOUNDATION along with medals & certificates of excellence.
(i) Apart from the Winners, Runner Up & Consolation prizes all other finalist appearing in the 3rd round will get a gift hamper comprises of IPODs, MP3 Players, , Wireless Headphones, Bluetooth speakers and Wrist-watches etc. along with certificate of excellence as per the rank of students.
In addition to the above mentioned goodies, Best paintings of our renowned event (SAVE ENVIRONMENT SAVE EARTH) selected by our respected jury members will be bestowed to each finalist.
(ii) Apart from the awards given to our winners the teacher co-coordinator and school will get Best Mentor Award-2017 and Best performance school- 2017 along with surprise gift hampers.
- 2nd Round prizes: Certificates, Medals, surprise gift hamper & entrance ticket for 3rd round bearing all the details (Rules and Regulations) will be awarded to all top three rank holders (group wise) from each zone.
The Appreciation Certificates will be given to the teacher coordinators along with Mementos of excellence (for schools) by HOPE FOUNDATION.
- 1st Round prizes: Since it is a qualifying round, all the participating candidates will get the certificate of participation from HOPE FOUNDATION.
Registration Period: – On or before 20th May 2017.
- 1st Round: Decide any date in second week of August 2017 to organize the competition in the respective participating schools.
- 2nd Round: To be conducted zone wise by 3rd week of October 2017 (Exact dates & schedule will be communicated later after declaration of result.)
- 3rd Round: To be communicated later.
(Note: – All the winter bound Schools are requested to choose dates to conduct various levels of examination & inform about the schedule to the management of the foundation).
REGISTRATION’s FEE STRUCTURE:
- 1st Round: Participation Fee for 1st Round will be INR 150/- (one hundred fifty only) (INR 350/- for foreign schools) per student for each subject.
- 2nd Round: Participation Fee for the second round will be INR 250/- (two hundred fifty only) (INR 550/- for foreign schools) per student per subject.
- 3rd Round: No Participation fee has to be paid.
PROCEDURE FOR COLLECTION OF REGISTRATION FEES:
- The required fee per student/per subject is to be collected by the school from each participant and school shall retain INR 20 (INR 50, In case of foreign schools) per student of amount collected towards miscellaneous & administrative expenses.
- Registration fee can be deposited/ transferred by cash /Cheque /Demand Draft/ RTGS /NEFT in the account number 226102000000259, name of account holder Hope Foundation, Indian Overseas Bank, IFSC Code-IOBA0002261, SWIFT CODE-IOBANINBB997, Najafgarh, New Delhi. In case of cheque or demand draft it should be in favor of HOPE FOUNDATION, payable at New Delhi.
- No cash payments are accepted.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR SPELLING BEE 2017:-
Due to the inconvenience caused by the postal and couriers formalities, we strongly would like to recommend you to send us all the relevant details of the students and the school via E- mail only. For the same, we are suggesting you to follow the simple steps to register your students as mentioned below: (GO GREEN, SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH)
STEP-1 Download School and Students registration form from the attachments sent with the notification or download from the website www.hopefoundationedu.com.
STEP-2 Take the nominations from the students and fill the relevant entries into the downloaded students registration forms.
(Handwritten and scanned copies of the student’s registrations forms will not be accepted)
STEP-3 Deposit the collected amount in the account whose details are mentioned above.
STEP-4 Fill up all the details in the school’s registration form, get it attested by the principal and send us the scanned copy of the same as attachments via mail at:-
ONLINE REGISTRATION:- You can also register online at: http:://hopefoundationedu.com/spellingbee/registration
NOTE: Kindly download the poster of the competition from the attachments to be put on the notice boards.
PRESCRIBED CURRICULUM (For preparation):
The word bank will be based for two of the above mentioned rounds for four of the subjects entirely on the books prescribed by CBSE/ICSE/IB and DELF Junior syllabus by CIEP.
The sample papers and other updates are available on our website mentioned below:
Note: During the year certain changes may take place in consultation of head of institution for betterment of the schools. All decisions of the panel of our judges and managing committee will be final. All the disputes (if any) are subject to Delhi Jurisdictions only.
With best regards:
Prabhat Kumar Singh
Team HOPE FOUNDATION
For more details feel free to write us at email@example.com
For any complaints or any other information, write at:
Or visit us at:-www.hopefoundationedu.com, www.hopefoundationedu.org www.hopefoundation.net.in
For any further queries, please call:
Nandini singh (PRO) Ankit Sharma (PRO)
8743990777, +918851333733 +919654138088
369 B, Rupali Enclave, Karala Village, Kanjhawala, Delhi-110081
Olympiad forum office:-
- No. – 54-B, Jain Colony, Jain Nagar, Vill. – Karala, Kanjhawala New Delhi- 110081